Operating the Engine
USING BOOSTER BATTERIES--24 VOLT
Before boost starting, machine must be properly shut
down to prevent unexpected machine movement when
CAUTION: An explosive gas is produced while
batteries are in use or being charged. Keep
flames or sparks away from the battery area.
Make sure the batteries are charged in a well
IMPORTANT: The machine electrical system is a
24-volt negative (-) ground. Connect two
12-volt booster batteries together in
series as shown for 24 volts.
1. Connect one end of the positive cable to the positive
terminal of the machine batteries and the other end to
the positive terminal of the booster batteries.
2. Connect one end of the negative cable to the negative
terminal of the booster batteries. Connect other end of
the negative cable to the machine frame as far away
from the machine batteries as possible.
Two Battery Application
3. Start engine. (See procedure on previous page.)
4. Immediately after starting engine disconnect end of the
negative cable from the machine frame. Then
disconnect the other end of the negative cable from the
negative terminal of the booster batteries.
5. Disconnect positive cable from booster batteries and