1. Open bleed screws (A) on fuel filter and on water
2. Pump water separator primer (B) until fuel fills
separator bowl and until fuel escapes from water
separator bleed screw.
3. Tighten water separator bleed screw.
4. Pump water separator primer (B) until fuel escapes
from final fuel filter bleed screw.
5. Tighten final fuel filter bleed screw.
6. Connect batteries or a booster battery in the correct
When batteries are connected, follow these rules:
polarity (positive [+] to positive [+] and negative [-]
to negative [-]).
1. Disconnect negative (-) battery cable when you
7. Do not disconnect the batteries when engine is
running and alternator is charging.
8. Disconnect battery cables before you connect
battery charger to the batteries.
3. Be sure alternator wires are correctly connected
BEFORE you connect batteries.
5. Do not disconnect or connect any alternator or
regulator wires while batteries are connected or
while alternator is operating.