Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
NOTE: It is not necessary to remove cylinder head from
engine for camshaft removal. If push rods are
bent or show excessive scuffing, it may be
necessary to remove cylinder head for inspection
of block, head and cam followers. (See REMOVE
CYLINDER HEAD in Group 05.)
1. Drain engine oil and coolant, if not previously done.
2. Measure valve lift. (See MEASURE VALVE LIFT,
earlier in this group).
3. Remove rocker arm assembly and push rods. (See
4. Remove timing gear cover. (See REMOVE TIMING
GEAR COVER, earlier in this group.)
5. Remove cap screws (A) and camshaft activated fuel
Continued on next page