Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
INSTALL FRONT CRANKSHAFT OIL SEAL
IMPORTANT: To assure proper sealing, the OD of the
crankshaft and wear sleeve MUST BE
cleaned with Brake Kleen, Ignition
Cleaner, or equivalent and dry prior to
installing seal (C).
1. Inspect and clean seal bore in timing gear cover.
Check for nicks or burrs. Use a medium-grit emery
cloth to smooth rough areas.
2. Slide JDG954-2 Adapter (A) on nose of crankshaft and
tighten cap screws.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT allow oil to contact coating on
OD of seal.
3. Apply a light coating of clean engine oil to lips of seal
and position seal on crankshaft flange. (The
spring-loaded side of seal goes into timing gear cover
4. Place JDG954-1 Installer (B) over adapter. Tighten
screw until driver bottoms on flange of timing gear
5. Install belt pulley or vibration damper. (See Group 15.)