REMOVE AND INSTALL WATER MANIFOLD AND THERMOSTATS (DUAL THERMOSTATS)
H--Cap Screw (3 used)
C--Cap Screw (2 used)
F--Thermostat (2 used)
6. Clean and inspect manifold and cover for cracks
CAUTION: Explosive release of fluids from
pressurized cooling system can cause
serious burns. Do not drain coolant until the
NOTE: Thermostats must be installed with jiggle wire
coolant temperature is below operating
facing up in the 12 o'clock position.
temperature. Always loosen cooling system
filler cap, radiator cap, or drain valve slowly
7. Install parts (B--H).
to relieve pressure.
8. Lubricate O-ring with PT507 Multi-Purpose Grease
1. Partially drain coolant from system.
and install seal (I) and tube (A).
2. Remove water manifold-to-water pump tube (A) and
IMPORTANT: Air must be expelled from cooling
system when filling. Loosen
temperature sending unit fitting at
3. Remove parts (E--H).
rear of cylinder head or plug in
thermostat housing to allow air to
4. Remove water manifold (D) and gasket (B).
escape when filling system. Tighten
fitting or plug when all air has been
5. Disgard all gasket material and clean mating