IMPORTANT: DO NOT disassemble the Lucas fuel
injection pump any further than
necessary for installing available repair
parts, not even for cleaning.
Have an authorized ADS Diesel Repair Station perform all
injection pump testing, adjustments, and repairs.
IMPORTANT: When replacing injection pump drive
gear or installing a new pump, the
tapered surfaces of the pump drive
shaft O.D. and drive gear I.D. MUST BE
cleaned to remove protective coatings
and oily residue. Use a suitable cleaner
that does not leave a residue. Mating
surfaces MUST BE assembled dry.
1. Place a new O-ring onto front face of pump mounting
flange with mounting slots aligned. Slide injection pump
onto mounting studs while inserting pump shaft into
2. Check pump shaft Woodruff key for proper alignment
with pump drive gear key slot.
3. Install injection pump partially onto mounting studs with
engaging pump pilot hub into engine front plate.
4. Install three flat washers, lock washers, and hex nuts
onto pump mounting studs. Tighten nuts three turns
only so that pump will not fall off mounting studs.
5. Install pump mounting flange flush to engine front plate
with drive gear held flush against front side of engine
6. With the pump shaft key properly engaged in the drive
gear key slot, finger tighten mounting stud nuts.
Continued on next page