Starting and Charging Systems
REMOVE AND INSTALL STARTER
NOTE: Refer to Electrical System Chapter for repair and
testing of starter motor.
CAUTION: Disconnect battery ground strap or
serious injury could result if tools ground
1. Disconnect ground strap from battery.
2. Disconnect wiring to starter motor.
3. If equipped with RH dipstick tube, remove tube.
NOTE: On Model 6010-6910 and 7210-7610 Tractors,
use KJD10213 Starting Motor Removal Tool as
necessary to remove cap screws.
4. Remove three mounting cap screws and/or nuts (A).
5. Remove starting motor.
6. Install starting motor and tighten cap screws and/or
7. Connect starter wiring and ground strap.
8. Install dipstick tube if removed.