UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(2) Rotate engine 360° and repeat step 1 for the
remaining intake and exhaust valves.
(3) Tighten jam nut to 27 N·m (20 lb-ft).
(4) Clean cylinder head and rocker arm cover
(5) Install rocker arm gasket. Do not use sealant on
(6) Install rocker arm cover. Tighten screws to 35
N·m (26 lb-ft). Do not overtighten cap screws.
(7) Remove turning tool and timing pin.
(8) Install parts. Center muffler to turbocharger
inlet tube before fastening muffler into place.
(1) Park machine on level ground rotating propel
gearbox until bottom of the oil level check
plug (B) is even with the horizontal centerline
(2) Lower boom to the ground.
(3) Turn auto-idle switch off.
(4) Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.