Operating the Machine
3. Operate excavator to position hitch in vertical position
and engage front hooks of impact breaker adapter (A).
4. Rotate hitch downward to seat hitch and engage
wedge into impact breaker adapter (B).
CAUTION: Do not raise the impact breaker
without acceptable wedge engagement. The
impact breaker can fall causing possible injury
to people in the vicinity of the impact breaker.
5. Set quick-disconnect switch in cab to latch position and
fully extend bucket cylinder. Place oil over relief.
6. Check for wedge engagement and manually engage
hitch safety lock pin.
NOTE: See Using Quick-Coupler Type Attachments in
this chapter for general operation tips and
information on keeping the hydraulic system clean
when connecting attachments.
7. Remove cap from quick-disconnect fitting of high
pressure hose on left side of excavator arm and plug
from quick-disconnect fitting on low pressure hose on
right side of excavator arm.
8. Connect high pressure and low pressure hydraulic
hoses from impact breaker to corresponding high and
low pressure quick-disconnect fittings on excavator