Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons, and Rods
CLEAN CYLINDER LINERS
1. Use a stiff bristle brush to remove all debris, rust, and
scale from O.D. of liners, under liner flange, and in
O-ring packing areas. Make certain there are no nicks
or burrs in areas where packings will seat.
IMPORTANT: Do not use gasoline, kerosene, or
commercial solvent to clean liners.
Solvents will not remove all the
abrasives from liner walls.
2. Thoroughly clean liner I.D. with a 50 percent solution of
hot water and liquid detergent.
3. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry with a clean rag.
4. Swab out liner as many times as necessary with clean
SAE 10W oil.
5. Clean liner until a white rag shows no discoloration.
DISASSEMBLE PISTON/ROD ASSEMBLY
1. Remove piston snap rings. Remove piston pin and
connecting rod from piston.
NOTE: Discard snap rings, DO NOT reuse.
Disassembling Piston and Rod
Continued on next page