Cylinder Block, Liners, Pistons, and Rods
INSTALL PACKING ON CYLINDER LINER
AND O-RINGS IN BLOCK
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use oil on cylinder liner
packing or O-rings. Oil can cause the
red packing to swell, which squeezes
liner and could possibly cause a scored
1. Pour AR54749 Soap Lubricant into a suitable
2. Dip new packings and O-rings in soap before
installation. Do not leave packings or O-ring in soap to
3. Install the black viton O-ring (A) in the lower O-ring
groove in the cylinder block (C).
4. Install the red silicone O-ring (B) in the upper O-ring
Cylinder Liner Seals
groove in the cylinder block.
5. Turn cylinder liner (B) upside-down and install the
square neoprene packing (A) over outside of liner.
6. Slide packing down firmly against second shoulder on
NOTE: Make sure the square packing is not twisted.
7. Coat the liner packing sealing area of the cylinder liner
and block O-rings with liquid soap.
Installing Cylinder Liner Packing