REMOVE AND INSTALL REAR OIL SEAL HOUSING--ENGINE INSTALLED IN VEHICLE
(8000 SERIES TRACTORS)
7. Remove rear oil seal housing (A).
IMPORTANT: Remove rear oil seal housing for
replacement purposes only. It is not
8. Remove rear wear sleeve from crankshaft flange
necessary to remove seal housing
with JDG790 Wear Sleeve Puller Kit as detailed
for rear seal and wear sleeve
earlier in this group. Clean flange with emery cloth.
TO INSTALL REAR OIL SEAL HOUSING:
6081HRW engines used in 8100, 8200, 8300 and
8400 tractors are equipped with front frame/oil sump.
1. Install rear oil seal housing and check runout. (See
Refer to TM1575 (8100, 8200, 8300, and 8400
INSTALL CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL
Tractors--Repair) for access to front frame/oil
HOUSING AND CHECK OIL SEAL HOUSING
sump-to-engine block cap screws. (For 8000T Tracks
RUNOUT, later in this group.)
tractors, refer to TM1621.)
2. Carefully lower engine onto locating dowels of front
TO REMOVE REAR OIL SEAL HOUSING:
NOTE: Refer to TM1575 for access to rear crankshaft
seal housing area.
3. Tighten front frame/oil sump cap screws as detailed
in Group 20, Lubrication System of this manual
(See TIGHTEN CAP SCREWS ON FRONT
1. Remove flywheel cover.
FRAME/OIL SUMP) or TM1575.
2. Remove transmission input shaft coupler bolts and
4. Install a new rear oil seal and wear sleeve
pry coupler rearward.
assembly. (See INSTALL CRANKSHAFT REAR
NOTE: Use a set screw to separate damper from
OIL SEAL AND WEAR SLEEVE, WITHOUT
flywheel, if necessary.
ENGINE DISASSEMBLY, earlier in this group.)
3. Remove torsional damper from flywheel.
4. Remove flywheel from right side of tractor.
6. Install torsional damper onto flywheel.
5. Back out all front frame/oil sump-to-engine block
cap screws 9.5 mm (0.38 in.).
7. Pull transmission input shaft coupler forward, install
cap screws and tighten to specified torque. (See
6. Slowly lift engine block assembly approximately
6.4 mm (0.25 in.) using safety approved lifting
8. Install flywheel cover. (See TM1575.)
IMPORTANT: The rear oil seal housing must not
9. Start engine and check for leaks.
be "dragged" horizontally while in
contact with front frame/oil sump
gasket. Doing so may damage
gasket sealing bead.