UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 330LCR
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(2) Remove plug (A). Install JDG 820 Flywheel
Turning Tool. Remove cap screw (B). Install
JDE-81-4 Timing Pin.
(3) Turn flywheel until timing pin goes into
(4) Using engine rotation tool, rotate engine
flywheel in running direction (clockwise
viewed from front) until No. 1 cylinder is at
"TDC" Compression stroke.
If No. 1 cylinder rocker arms are loose, the engine
is at No. 1 "TDC" Compression. If No. 1 cylinder
rocker arms are not loose, rotate engine one full
revolution (360°) to No. 1 "TDC" Compression.
To change piston position, remove timing pin and
(5) Check and adjust valve clearance to
specifications as directed in following
(6) Loosen jam nut (A) and adjust clearance with a
screwdriver, as shown.