CONTROL LEVER PATTERN CONVERSION
from pressurized system can cause serious
To change your machine pilot control levers from the
burns or penetrating injury. Release
standard pattern to a John Deere pattern:
pressure from tank by loosening vent plug. It
is not necessary to remove vent plug.
1. Lower bucket to the ground.
5. Release air pressure from hydraulic oil tank by
2. Turn auto-idle switch off. Run engine with engine
loosing vent plug.
rpm dial at 1/3 position without load for 2 minutes.
6. Open door on storage compartment behind cab.
3. Turn engine rpm dial to slow idle position. Turn key
switch to OFF to stop engine. Remove key from
7. Remove cover above flow regulator valve.
4. Pull pilot control shut-off lever to LOCK position.
CAUTION: The hydraulic oil tank is
pressurized. High pressure release of oil
NOTE: Do not use manufacturer's identification tags or
markings on line ends to identify lines for this
conversion procedure. The conversion must be
done on the front (cab side) of flow regulator
8. Hoses are switched in a X pattern.
Switch hose (A) with hose (C).
Switch hose (B) with hose (D).
CAUTION: Prevent injury from unexpected
control lever function. Install new decals on
9. Install new decals (black on yellow) on control
consoles near the base of control levers. Decals are
enclosed in Operator's Manual package. Additional
decals are available through parts.