IMPORTANT: Prevent possible engine damage.
During cold temperatures, check
viscosity of engine oil on dipstick. If the
oil appears waxy and/or jelly-like rather
than liquid, DO NOT attempt to start
engine. Use external heat source to
3. Check all fluid levels. If low, check for leaks and add
oil as required.
4. Check belt.
5. Check condition of all hoses and connections.
6. Check electrolyte level. Charge and install battery.
7. Fill fuel tank. (See Fuels and Lubricants chapter.)
8. Start engine. Run engine at 1/2 speed for 5 minutes.
Do not run at fast or slow idle.
9. Bleed fuel system. If engine fails to start or runs poorly
after starting, change fuel filter(s). Bleed fuel system
CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement. Clear the area
of all persons before running machine through
10. Make sure that area is clear to allow for movement.
Operate (cycle) boom, arm, and bucket functions for
three complete cycles.
11. Operate the swing function for three complete
revolutions in each direction.
12. Check condition of tracks. Check track sag.
Continued on next page