IMPORTANT: Air must be expelled from cooling
system when system is refilled. Loosen
temperature sending unit fitting at rear
of cylinder head or plug in thermostat
housing to allow air to escape when
filling system. Retighten fitting when all
the air has been expelled.
NOTE: Install thermostats in groove in housing first. Then
install gasket after thermostat is properly seated in
1. Install thermostats. Install a new gasket on housing.
2. Install cover and tighten cap screws to 47 Nm
REMOVE WATER MANIFOLD
1. Drain coolant and remove thermostat cover from water
manifold (shown removed). Remove thermostats (A).
2. Remove three water manifold-to-cylinder head cap
screw, remove water manifold (B) and dislodge water
bypass tube as manifold is removed.
NOTE: Pull water manifold straight out (toward front of
engine) approximately 6.35 mm (0.25 in.) to
disengage from locator (spring) pin, then lift
straight up to disengage from bypass tube (C).
3. Remove and discard O-ring from bore of water
Removing Water Manifold