NOTE: Refer to your operator's manual for proper
servicing and replacement (hourly) intervals.
1. Close fuel shut-off valve at bottom of fuel tank (not
2. Loosen bleed plug (C) and remove drain plug (B).
Drain fuel from filter.
3. With fuel filter held firmly against base, lift up on top
retaining spring and pull down on bottom retaining
spring. Pull fuel filter off guide pins (A) of fuel filter
base and discard filter.
Replacing Rectangular Fuel Filter Element
4. Install fuel filter onto guide pins on fuel filter base. Hold
filter against base.
5. Secure bottom retaining spring first, then secure top
retaining spring. (See arrows.)
6. Install drain plug, shown installed. Tighten bleed plug
and drain plug securely. Do not overtighten.
7. Open fuel shut-off valve and bleed fuel system. (See
Installing Fuel Filter Element