UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 330LCR
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
WARNING: High-pressure release of fluids
from pressurized system can cause serious
burns. Wait for propel gearbox oil to cool.
Keep body and face away from check plug.
Gradually loosen check plug to release
(8) After propel gearbox has cooled, slowly loosen
check plug (B) to release pressure.
(9) Remove drain plug (C). Allow oil to drain into
a container. Dispose of waste properly.
Propel Gearbox Oil Capacity Approx. 6 L (6.5 qt)
(10) Wrap threads of drain plug with a sealing-type
tape. Install plug. Tighten to 49 Nm (430 lb-
(11) Remove fill plug (A).
(12) Add oil until oil flows out of level check plug
(13) Wrap threads of check plug and fill plug with
sealing-type tape. Install plugs. Tighten plugs
to 49 Nm (430 lb-in.).
(14) Change oil of second propel gearbox.
Change Hydraulic Oil
CAUTION: DO NOT run engine without oil
in the tank.
(1) Park machine on level surface.
(2) Position machine with arm cylinder fully
retracted and bucket cylinder fully extended.