unit level as a result of a warrantable
e. The contractor has the right to inspect any defective
defect/failure and/or correction.
machine/part before and after repair. If the
contractor wishes to inspect the machine/part prior
(4) During the IHMEE warranty period, the
to the repair, they can do so within 5 days of the
Government is responsible for the cost of
initial notification. If for any reason they need to
routine mechanical adjustments and
inspect the machine after the repair, they may
consumable parts unless it can be established
inspect the vehicle up to 1 week after completion.
that such part(s) was defective at the time of
delivery to the original purchaser. Consumable
5. GOVERNMENT RESPONSIBILITIES.
parts consist of lubricating oil, antifreeze, filter
elements, hoses, belts, etc.
The Major Subordinate Command for Interim High-
c. Supporting Repair Facility Will:
Mobility Engineer Excavator (IHMEE) is the U.S. Army
Tank-automotive and Armament Command (TACOM),
(1) Identify and verify defects/failures as
Warren, MI 48397-5000. TACOM is responsible for
warrantable (if owning unit has not already
managing and implementing the warranty.
IHMEE warranty claims shall be reported to the TACOM
(2) Report all defects as soon as possible, but not
IHMEE Program Manager:
later than 14 days after the owner first
discovered such defect (or should have
US Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command
discovered the defect) and claimed within
2 months. Any reported defect shall be
Warren, MI 48397-5000
inspected and confirmed by technical
Telephone: (DSN) 786-7068
personnel from an authorized dealer or service
Commercial: (586) 574-7068
agent of ADI, unless otherwise agreed to in
a. TACOM IHMEE Program Manager will:
(3) Review, process, and submit valid warranty
claims to the local WARCO if the DA Form
(1) Verify, review, and process warranty claim
2407 or DA Form 2407-1 is complete and
correctly filled out.
(2) Reject claims that are not valid and send them
(4) Reject invalid warranty claims or request
back to the local WARCO with a short
additional information for incomplete claims.
explanation of why the claim is rejected.
(5) Provide labor as required to accomplish the
(3) Request additional data for incomplete claims.
warrantable repairs, if the contractor directs
(4) Provide warranty claim information to the local
repairs to be accomplished by the owning unit
WARCO as appropriate.
(5) Ensure that the contractor performs in
(6) Tag and retain (IAW DA PAM 738-750 and
accordance with the terms of the contract.
this TB) all parts and pieces of parts and/or
assemblies removed as a result of the
b. Equipment-Owning Unit Will:
warrantable defect/failure and/or correction.
The removed part shall be tagged by machine
(1) Identify defects/failures and verify that the
serial number or registration number and held
defects/failures are warrantable.
for up to 45 days. If the part(s) is required to be
returned to the contractor, ADI will send a
(2) Submit warranty claims, using DA Form 2407
"call" box from UPS for the part to be returned.
or DA Form 2407-1 (Maintenance Request
ADI will pay all freight to return the suspect
Claims and Continuation Sheets), through
part if it is required to rule on the warranty
channels to the supporting repair facility.
claim. In many cases, ADI will inform the user
(3) Tag and retain (IAW DA PAM 738-750, The
to destroy or dispose of the part locally.
Army Maintenance Management System
(TAMMS), and this TB) parts and pieces of
parts and/or assemblies removed at the owning