This Task Covers:
e. Follow-On Maintenance
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Equipment, suitable lifting
Backhoe fully extended.
Hydraulic system pressure
Grease, automotive and artillery, Item 30, Appendix C
Estimated Time to Complete Task
· The backhoe must be supported when
removing or installing any backhoe
cylinder. Failure to comply may result in
serious injury or death to personnel and
damage to equipment.
· Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC.
Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact
with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and
clothing that come in contact with
hydraulic oil should be washed
immediately. Saturated clothing should
be removed immediately. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
· Tag all hoses and tubes and note their positions before removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings upon removal.
Place drain pan under hydraulic hoses (1).
Disconnect two hydraulic hoses (1) from bucket cylinder (2).