This Task Covers:
e. Follow-On Maintenance
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer (2)
Tools and Special Tools
TM or Para
Equipment, suitable lifting
Backhoe fully extended.
Hydraulic system pressure
Air system drained.
Compound, sealing, pipe thread, Item 22, Appendix C
Grease, automotive and artillery, Item 30, Appendix C
Estimated Time to Complete Task
· The backhoe must be supported when removing or installing any backhoe cylinder. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel and damage to equipment.
· Hydraulic fluid (Dexron III) is TOXIC. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use only in
well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes. Skin and clothing that come in
contact with hydraulic oil should be washed immediately. Saturated clothing should be removed
immediately. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
· Ensure all hoses and tubes are disconnected and clear before removal.
· Remove cable ties as necessary.
· Tag all hoses and tubes and note their positions before removal.
· Cap and plug all tubes, hoses, and fittings upon removal.
Remove two glad hands.