Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
REMOVE AND INSTALL CAMSHAFT
BUSHING WITH FRONT PLATE INSTALLED
NOTE: A camshaft bushing is installed in front (No. 1)
camshaft bore only. The front plate has a
chamfered edge allowing camshaft bushing
removal and installation with the front plate
REMOVE CAMSHAFT BUSHING
1. Set engine at No. 1 "TDC" compression.
2. On turbocharged engines, disconnect the turbocharger
oil inlet line. (See DISCONNECT TURBOCHARGER
OIL INLET LINE in Group 03.)
3. Remove timing gear cover, as described earlier in this
4. Remove rocker arm cover and rocker arm assembly.
(See procedure in Group 05.)
5. Remove push rods. (See procedure in Group 05.)
6. On engines with rotary fuel injection pumps, remove
fuel supply pump. (See Group 35.)
7. Revolve engine to an angle where camshaft followers
fall away from camshaft or use D15001NU Magnetic
Holding Set (A) to hold followers.
Continued on next page