Camshaft, Balancer Shafts and Timing Gear Train
8. Remove camshaft. (See procedure later in this group.)
IMPORTANT: Engine MUST remain in a position
where camshaft followers rest against
cylinder head or are held in up position
by magnetic holders so that followers
cylinder head removal will be required.
9. Remove countersunk TORX® cap screw (A). Install
JDG739-7 (M8 x 1.25) tapered bottom leg (B) from
JDG739B Camshaft Bushing Service Kit into hole that
has chamfered screw and star washer.
IMPORTANT: Block must be replaced if camshaft
bore is damaged. Be careful when
removing or installing bushing.
10. Install JDG739-8 (M8 x 1.25) flat bottom legs and
JDG739-3 Removing/Installing Plate (C) to cylinder
block so plate is parallel with front plate and centered
over camshaft bore. Tighten legs and hex nuts
IMPORTANT: Cylinder block bore may be damaged if
puller is not properly piloted in bushing.
B--JDG739-7 Tapered Bottom Leg (8 mm)
Be sure puller is properly piloted before
C--JDG739-3 Removing/Installing Plate
D--JDG739-4 Bushing Installer Screw
11. Insert JDG739-1 Bushing Remover into camshaft
bore so puller pilots in bushing ID and JDG739-4
Bushing Installer Screw (D) extends through plate.
12. Install thrust washer and hex nut. Tighten hex nut
until bushing is free of block bore. Remove puller and
13. Clean and inspect bore in cylinder block. If bore is
damaged, replace cylinder block.
TORX is a registered trademark of Camcar/Textron.
Continued on next page