Mechanical Drive Elements
5. Remove steel balls (A) using a magnet.
6. Remove spacers (B) using a length of wire.
NOTE: Some spacers have a thicker center section. The
thick center section spacers are used to remove
excess play caused by a tolerance build up
between balls and spacers.
7. Turn inner race to remove remaining steel balls and
8. Lift outer race off inner race.
9. Install the spacers (B) and steel balls (A).
Install the same number of thick and thin center
section spacers as were removed.
Turn inner race as needed to install spacers and steel
As needed, replace a thin center section spacer with a
thick center section spacer to remove any excess play
between spacers and steel balls.
Continued on next page