PROPEL MOTOR START-UP PROCEDURE
JT03221 (3/4-16 M 37°) (Parker No. X03CP-8) Plug
IMPORTANT: Propel motor will be damaged if not
filled with oil before starting engine.
Procedure must be performed whenever
a new propel motor is installed or oil
has been drained from the motor.
1. Disconnect propel motor drain line (A). Install plug.
Propel Motor Drain Line
2. Fill motor with hydraulic oil until oil reaches the top of
A--Propel Motor Drain Line
the drain port. (See Hydraulic Oil in Fuels and
Lubricants Group of General Information Section.) Use
a funnel with suitable diameter neck to allow air to
escape while filling.
3. Connect drain line.
PROPEL GEARBOX START-UP PROCEDURE
IMPORTANT: Propel gearbox will be damaged if not
filled with oil before operating propel
function. Procedure must be performed
whenever a new propel gearbox is
installed or oil has been drained from
1. Check that drain plug (C) is installed.
2. Remove fill plug (A).
3. Add oil until oil flows out of check plug (B) hole. (See
Swing Gearbox and Propel Gearbox Oils in Fuels and
4. Install check plug and fill plug.