Wiring Harness and Switches
INSTALL WEATHER PACKTM CONTACT
NOTE: Cable seals are color coded for three sizes of
· Green - 18 to 20 gauge wire
· Gray - 14 to 16 gauge wire
· Blue - 10 to 12 gauge wire
1. Slip correct size cable seal on wire.
2. Strip insulation from wire to expose 6 mm (1/4 in.) and
Correct Size Cable
align cable seal with edge of insulation.
NOTE: Contacts have numbered identification for two
sizes of wire:
· #15 for 14 to 16 gauge wire
· #19 for 18 to 20 gauge wire
3. Put proper size contact on wire and crimp in place with
a "W" type crimp, using JDG783 Crimping Tool.
WEATHER PACK is a trademark of Packard Electric.
IMPORTANT: Proper contact installation for "sleeve"
(A) and "pin" (B) is shown.
4. Secure cable seal to contact as shown, using JDG783