REMOVE AND INSTALL BOOM
1. Remove bucket and arm. (See procedures in Group
3302 and in this group.)
2. Lower boom to the ground.
3. Stop engine.
CAUTION: The hydraulic oil tank is pressurized.
High pressure release of oil from pressurized
system can cause serious burns or penetrating
injury. Release pressure from tank by loosening
vent plug. It is not necessary to remove vent
4. Loosen vent plug (A) to release air pressure in
hydraulic oil tank.
5. Disconnect wiring harness.
6. Disconnect lubrication lines at boom cylinders.
CAUTION: To avoid injury from escaping fluid
under pressure, stop engine and relieve the
pressure in the system before disconnecting
hydraulic or other lines. Tighten all connections
before applying pressure.
7. Remove arm cylinder only if necessary to repair boom.
(See Remove and Install Arm Cylinder in Group 3360.)
8. Disconnect arm and bucket lines at frame end of
Continued on next page