Operating the Machine
CONTROL LEVER PATTERN CONVERSION
To change your machine pilot control levers from the
standard pattern to a John Deere pattern:
1. Lower bucket to the ground. Turn auto-idle switch off.
2. Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position without
load for 2 minutes.
3. Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position, and turn
key switch to OFF to stop engine. Remove key from
4. Move pilot control shut-off lever to locked position.
CAUTION: High pressure release of oil from
pressurized system can cause serious burns or
penetrating injury. The hydraulic tank is
pressurized. Do not remove vent plug. Release
pressure by loosening vent plug.
5. Loosen vent plug to relieve air pressure.
6. Open door on storage compartment behind cab.
7. Remove cover above flow regulator valve.
Continued on next page