OIL SEPARATOR ELEMENT
*Replace scavenge tube in cover (cover is still off of
The life of the oil separator element is dependent
upon the operating environment (soot, dust, etc.)
*Measure from bottom of cover
and should be replaced every twelve months or
(See Fig. 2). Measurement
2000 hours. To replace the element proceed as
should be from
1/8" to 1/4"
less than the
element measurement. If
not, cut to size.
* Ensure the tank pressure is zero.
*Remove scavenge tube.
* Disconnect the hose from the scavenge tube.
cover (use care not to damage
* Remove scavenge tube from tank cover.
*Replace cover mounting screws:
tighten in a crisscross pattern to 100 lbs.-ft.
* Disconnect service line from cover.
*Reconnect service line. Replace scavenge tube.
* Remove (16) cover mounting screws.
* Remove cover, element and inner shell.
*Close service valve. Start unit and look for leaks.
* Remove any gasket material left on cover or tank.
When replacing the element, the scavenge lines,
* Install new gasket, inner shell and new element.
orifice, filter, and check valve should be thoroughly
cleaned and the oil changed.
*Place a straightedge across top of element and
measure from bottom of straightedge to bottom of
element (See Fig. 1).
Figure No. 1 Element Measurement
Figure No. 2 Tube Measurement
cut line if necessary