TEST TRACK ROLLER FOR OIL LEAKAGE
1. Hold the shaft and turn shell several turns to seat
metal face seals.
2. Remove the hex socket plug from end of roller.
3. Install parts (A--F). Plug, adapter and connector are
from a leak detector kit such as the D05361ST Rubber
Stopper/Leak Detector Kit.
4. Holding plug so it is not pushed out, slowly pressurize
oil cavity using air.
A--Adapter, Connector and Rubber Plug
B--Connector 1/8 M NPT x 7/16-20 M 37
Oil Cavity Air Test--Specification
Pressure ....................................................... 110 18 kPa (1.1 0.3 bar)
E--Snubber (Needle) Valve
(16 4 psi)
F--Air Pressure Regulator
5. Close valve and wait for a minimum of 30 seconds.
Check for oil leakage. Check gauge to see if air
pressure has decreased.
6. If there is leakage, disassemble roller and replace
parts as necessary.
7. Clean threads of plug using cure primer. Apply pipe
sealant to threads. Install plug.
MEASURE TRACK CARRIER ROLLER WEAR
Used minimum tread diameter is the maximum allowable
wear for rebuilding wear surface.
Measure roller tread diameter using a caliper such as the
JT05519 Special Roller Caliper from JT05518A or
JT05523 Undercarriage Inspection Service Tool Kit.