ASSEMBLE FRONT IDLER
A--Pin (2 used)
D--Plug (2 used)
F--Metal Face Seal (2
B--Bushing (2 used)
E--Bracket (Bearing) (2
G--O-Ring (2 used)
J--Cap Screw (4 used)
free so O-rings do not slip when
1. Apply a thin film of oil to bushings (B). Install
idler is turning.
bushings so flange is tight against shoulder of idler.
6. Thoroughly clean the O-rings and seat surfaces in
2. Install O-rings (G) on axle.
idler, brackets, and seal rings using volatile,
3. Apply a thin layer of NEVER-SEEZ lubricant or an
non-petroleum base solvent and lint-free tissues.
equivalent to end of axle from O-ring to end of axle
7. Install O-ring on seal rings.
and to bore in bracket (E).
NOTE: A volatile, non-petroleum base solvent or
4. Install axle into bracket.
talcum powder may be used as a lubricant.
5. Apply NEVER-SEEZ lubricant or an equivalent to
pin (A). Install pin.
8. Install seals in bracket and idler. Apply equal
pressure with fingers at four equally spaced points
IMPORTANT: O-rings and seat surfaces for
on seal face. Seal must "pop" down into place so
O-rings must be clean, dry, and oil
O-ring is tight against seal bore.
NEVER-SEEZ is a trademark of Emhart Chemical Group.
Continued on next page