9. Close windows, roof vent, and cab door.
IMPORTANT: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
10. Cover exhaust opening to prevent entry of wind
5. Run engine at 1/2 speed without load for 2 minutes.
IMPORTANT: Prevent possible damage to
6. Move engine speed rpm dial to slow idle position.
hydraulic lines, rods, and hoses.
Fasten chains to machine frame.
7. Turn key switch to OFF. Remove key from switch.
11. Fasten machine to rail car with 16 chains and
8. Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked position.
IMPORTANT: Prevent cab electrical component
damage from bad weather. Always
close windows, roof vent, and cab
UNLOADING MACHINE FROM TRAILER
CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement. Turn auto-idle
switch off and turn H/P mode switch off when
loading or unloading the machine.
1. Turn auto-idle switch off, turn H/P mode switch off, and
move propel speed switch to slow speed.
CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from machine
tipping while upper structure is rotating. Keep
arm tucked under and rotate upperstructure
slowly for best stability.
2. Raise bucket slightly off trailer. Keeping arm tucked
under, slowly rotate upperstructure 180.
Continued on next page