UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
Check Propel Gearbox Oil
(1) Park machine on level ground rotating propel
gearbox until bottom of the oil level check plug
(B) is even with the horizontal centerline (D).
(2) Lower boom to the ground.
(3) Turn auto-idle switch off.
(4) Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(5) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle and turn key
switch to OFF. Remove key switch.
(6) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right
(7) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked
WARNING: High-pressure release of fluids
from pressurized system can cause serious
burns. Wait for propel gearbox oil to cool. Keep
body and face away from check plug. Gradually
loosen check plug to release pressure.
(8) After propel gearbox has cooled, slowly loosen
check plug (B) to release pressure.
(9) Remove check plug (B). Oil must be to bottom
(10) If necessary, remove fill plug (A).