Camshaft and Timing Gear Train
REMOVE, INSPECT, AND INSTALL
CAMSHAFT GEAR-DRIVEN AUXILIARY
NOTE: Various auxiliary drive options are available;
removal and installation of all options are similar.
The auxiliary drive is integrated into the engine
front timing gear cover.
1. Remove auxiliary drive gear cover (A).
2. Clean and inspect cover for cracks or damage.
3. Remove auxiliary drive assembly (B).
4. Inspect for cracked housing, worn or damaged
NOTE: Auxiliary drive assembly is not repairable; install a
new assembly if damage is detected. Refer to
CTM67 - OEM Accessories for additional service
5. Replace auxiliary drive assembly as needed.
6. Install cover and tighten cap screws or nuts to 47 N·m