Maintenance--Every 2000 Hours
CHANGE PROPEL GEARBOX OIL
1. Park the machine on level ground rotating propel
gearbox until bottom of the oil level check plug (B) is
even with the horizontal centerline.
2. Lower bucket to the ground.
3. Turn auto-idle switch off.
IMPORTANT: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
4. Run engine with engine RPM dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
5. Move engine RPM dial to slow idle and turn key switch
to OFF. Remove key from switch.
6. Attach a 'Do Not Operate' tag on the right control lever.
7. Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked position.
CAUTION: High pressure release of fluids from
pressurized system can cause serious burns.
Wait for propel gearbox oil to cool. Keep body
and face away from check plug. Gradually
loosen check plug to release pressure.
8. After propel gearbox has cooled, slowly loosen check
plug to release pressure.
Propel Gearbox Oil--Specification
Capacity....................................................................... Approx. 6 L (6.5 qt)
9. Remove drain plug (C). Allow oil to drain into a
container. Dispose of waste oil properly.
10. Wrap threads of drain plug with a sealing-type tape.
Install plug. Tighten plug to 49 Nm (430 lb-in.).
11. Remove oil fill plug (A).
12. Add oil until oil flows out of oil level check plug hole.
Continued on next page