OPERATOR PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(3) Make sure dipstick (A) is fully seated.
(4) Remove dipstick and check oil level.
(5) Add oil (filler cap [B]) if level is below ADD
Oil level is below ADD
or cross-hatched area mark on the dipstick (see
level on the dipstick
NOTE: BEFORE THE ENGINE IS
STARTED: The engine is full when oil level is
in the cross-hatched area.
AFTER THE ENGINE HAS BEEN RUN:
Allow the oil to drain into the oil pan for 10
minutes after engine stops before checking the oil
level. The oil level must be above the ADD mark.
If necessary, remove oil filler cap (B) and add oil.
(6) Inspect engine compartment for loose or
Any damage that would
NOTE: Ensure that engine access door is
closed securely after inspection is complete.
(1) Turn key switch to ON position. All instrument
lights should stay on for approximately 3
(2) Check and replace any bulb that fails to light.
(3) Check that gauge indicates fuel level and the
Coolant gauge in red zone
coolant gauge does NOT go to the red zone.