Cylinder Head and Valves
INSTALL VALVE SEAT INSERTS
1. Use JDG676 Pilot Driver (A) and JDG675 Valve Seat
Insert Installing Adapter (B) to install valve seat inserts
in cylinder head.
Use one end of JDG675 Adapter to install intake valve
seat inserts and the other end to install exhaust valve
2. Install valves and measure valve recess. (See
MEASURE VALVE RECESS IN CYLINDER HEAD,
earlier in this group.)
3. Grind valve seats as required to maintain correct valve
recess and valve face-to-seat seal. (See GRIND
VALVE SEATS earlier in this group.)
1. Lubricate valve stems and guides with AR44402 Valve
Stem Lubricant or clean engine oil.
NOTE: Valves must move freely in guide and seat
properly in head to form an effective seal.
2. Insert valves in head (if valves are reused, install in
same location from which removed).
3. Use JDG678 Valve Stem Seal Installer (A) to slide
valve stem seals (B) over valve stems and onto valve
guide tower (C).
B--Valve Stem Seals
C--Valve Guide Tower
NOTE: JDG678 Installer may also be used to install
oversize valve stem seals on oversize valve
4. Install valve springs and rotators.
Continued on next page