REMOVE WATER PUMP
CAUTION: Explosive release of fluids from
pressurized cooling system can cause serious
burns. Do not drain coolant until the coolant
temperature is below operating temperature.
Always loosen cooling system filler cap,
radiator cap, or drain valve slowly to relieve
1. Drain coolant.
2. Remove fan (shown removed).
3. Release tension on belt (A) using a breaker bar and
4. Remove poly-vee belt from pulleys.
5. Remove thermostat housing-to-water pump tube (B).
6. Remove water pump inlet elbow (C) and O-ring, if
7. Remove water pump (D).
8. Remove pulley from water pump.
B--Thermostat Housing-to-Water Pump Tube