NOTE: Refer to operator's manual for proper servicing
and (hourly) replacement intervals.
Final fuel filters can be equipped with a water
separator bowl and/or hand primer on machines
equipped with only one filter.
Replacement of primary and final fuel filter
elements are similar, differences will be noted.
1. Thoroughly clean fuel filter/water separator assembly
and surrounding area, if not previously done.
2. Connect a drain line to filter drain adapters and drain
all fuel from filters.
NOTE: Lifting up on retaining ring (A) as it is rotated
helps to get it past raised locators.
3. Firmly grasp the retaining ring and rotate it
counterclockwise 1/4 turn. Remove ring with filter
4. Inspect filter mounting base for cleanliness. Clean as
5. Remove water separator bowl, if equipped. Drain and
clean separator bowl. Dry with compressed air.
6. Install water separator bowl, if equipped, onto new filter
element. Tighten securely.
7. Thoroughly inspect filter base seal ring. Replace as
NOTE: The primary fuel filter must be indexed properly
and the key on canister must be oriented in slot of
mounting base for correct installation.
8. Install new filter element onto mounting base and
position element using a slight rocking motion. Be sure
element is properly indexed on mounting base.
Continued on next page