UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(2) Park machine on level surface.
(3) Lower bucket to the ground.
(4) Turn auto-idle switch off.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(5) Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
(6) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle.
(7) Turn key switch to OFF. Remove key from
(8) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right
(9) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked
(10) Remove cover from under the engine. Remove
drain plug (A) from bottom of engine oil pan,
or open drain valve on side of engine oil pan.
Allow oil to drain into a container. Dispose of