UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(11) Add oil until oil flows out of level check plug
(12) Wrap threads of check plug and fill plug with
sealing-type tape. Install plugs. Tighten plugs
to 49 Nm (430 lb-in.).
(13) Change oil of second propel gearbox.
Grease Swing Bearing
WARNING: Prevent possible injury from
unexpected machine movement if another
person moves controls. One person must do
lubricating of swing bearing and rotating the
upperstructure. Before you lubricate swing
bearing, clear area of all personnel.
(1) Park machine on level surface.
(2) Lower bucket to the ground.
(3) Turn auto-idle switch off.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(4) Run engine with engine rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
(5) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
(6) Turn key switch to OFF position. Remove key
(7) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right