UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
(4) Install filler cap.
(5) Check oil level on dipstick.
(1) Remove filler plug (A).
(2) Remove drain plug (B). Allow oil to drain into
a container. Dispose of waste oil properly.
(3) Apply Liquid TEFLON Pipe Thread Sealant
to drain plug. Install plug.
(4) Add oil (see Fuels and Lubricants, Chapter 1).
1.0 L (1.1 qt)
(5) Pull dipstick (C) and check oil level. Oil level
must be approximately halfway below "H"
(6) Install filler plug and dipstick.
Change Secondary Air Cleaner Element
(1) Open front service door.
(2) Loosen wing nut to remove cover and primary
element. Clean primary element or replace if