UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
Fill radiators to the bottom of the radiator fill
Fill the recovery tank to FULL mark.
The cooling system requires several warm-up and
cool down cycles to deaerate. It will NOT deaerate
during normal operation. Only during warm-up and
cool down cycles will the system deaerate.
(1) Start engine. Run engine until coolant reaches a
(2) Stop engine. Allow coolant to cool.
(3) Check coolant level at recovery tank.
(4) Repeat steps 1 through 3 until recovery tank is
repeatedly at the same level (stabilized).
NOTE: The level of the coolant in the cooling
system MUST BE repeatedly checked after all
drain and refill procedures to ensure that all
air is out of the system which allows the
coolant to stabilize. Check coolant level only
when the engine is cold.
(5) If necessary, fill recovery tank to FULL mark.
(6) Install recovery tank and radiator caps.
Check and Adjust Engine Valve Lash (Clearance)
CAUTION: Valve clearance MUST BE
checked and adjusted with engine COLD.
CAUTION: Prevent accidental starting of
engine while performing valve adjustments.
Always disconnect NEGATIVE (-) battery
(1) Remove rocker arm cover and engine crankcase
ventilation tube. Clean tube with solvent or
diesel fuel. Inspect rocker arm O-ring.