UNIT PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
FOR HYDRAULIC EXCAVATOR 230LCR/230LCRD
ITEM TO BE INSPECTED
EQUIPMENT IS NOT
PROCEDURE: DO THE PMCS AND HAVE ITEM
REPAIRED, FILLED, OR ADJUSTED AS NEEDED
Change Hydraulic Oil
CAUTION: DO NOT run engine without oil
in the tank.
(1) Park machine on level surface.
(2) Position machine with arm cylinder fully
retracted and bucket cylinder fully extended.
(3) Lower bucket to the ground.
(4) Turn auto-idle switch off.
CAUTION: Turbocharger may be damaged if
engine is not properly shut down.
(5) Run engine with rpm dial at 1/3 position
without load for 2 minutes.
(6) Move engine rpm dial to slow idle position.
(7) Turn key switch to OFF. Remove key from
(8) Attach a "Do Not Operate" tag on the right
(9) Pull pilot control shut-off lever to locked