12. Install O-ring in seal rings.
3. Remove bracket (B) using a bearing puller
attachment and adapters from puller set.
13. Install metal face seals (D) in brackets (B) and in
roller (G). Apply equal pressure with fingers at four
IMPORTANT: Metal face seals can be reused if
equally spaced points on seal face. Seal must
they are not worn or damaged. A
"pop" down into place so O-ring is tight against
used seal must be kept together as a
seal bore. A volatile, non-petroleum base solvent
set because of wear patterns on seal
or talcum powder may be used as a lubricant.
14. Wipe finger prints and foreign material off seal ring
4. Remove metal face seals (D) from roller (G) and
face using clean oil and lint-free tissues. Apply a
brackets (B). Keep seal rings together as a
thin film of oil to each seal ring face.
matched set with seal ring faces together to protect
15. Apply a thin layer of NEVER-SEEZ lubricant or
5. Inspect seals. (See Inspect Metal Face Seals in this
an equivalent to end of axle from O-ring to end of
group.) For seals that are reused, put a piece of
axle, and to bore in bracket (B).
cardboard between seal rings to protect seal face.
16. Install axle (H) to bracket (B).
6. Remove axle (H) from roller (G).
17. Apply NEVER-SEEZ lubricant or an equivalent to
NOTE: Only remove bushing if replacement is
pin (C). Install pin even with flat surface of
18. Install axle (H) and assembled parts to roller (G).
7. Remove bushings (F) using a 2-jaw puller and
adapters from puller set.
19. Repeat procedure for other side of axle.
8. Replace parts as necessary.
20. Add track roller oil. (See Track Roller, Front Idler,
9. Apply a thin film of oil to bushings (F). Install
21. Clean threads of plugs (A) using cure primer.
10. Install O-rings (E) on axle (H).
Apply pipe sealant.
IMPORTANT: O-rings and seat surfaces for
22. Install plugs (A) and tighten.
O-rings must be clean, dry, and oil
free so O-rings do not slip when
Track Roller Plug--Specification
roller is turning.
Torque....................................................................... 29 Nm (21 lb-ft)
11. Thoroughly clean O-rings and seat surfaces in
brackets (B) and in seal rings using volatile,
non-petroleum base solvent and lint-free tissues.
NEVER-SEEZ is a trademark of the Emhart Chemical Group.