TEST FRONT IDLER FOR OIL LEAKAGE
1. Turn shaft several turns to seat metal face seals.
2. Remove plug (G).
3. Install parts (A--F) as shown. Plug, barbed adapter,
and connector are from a leak detector kit such as the
D05361ST Rubber Stopper/Leak Detector Kit.
4. Hold plug so it is not pushed out, slowly pressurize oil
cavity using air.
Front Idler Oil Cavity--Specification
Pressure ................................................. 110 18 kPa (1.1 0.3 bar) (16
5. Close valve and wait for a minimum of 30 seconds to
check for oil leakage. Check gauge to see if air
pressure has decreased.
6. If there is external leakage, disassemble idler and
replace parts as necessary.
7. Check oil level in idler. If oil level is down and there is
no external leakage, check for a leak from oil cavity to
interior of idler wheel.
A--Plug, Adapter and Connector
B--Connector 1/8 M NPT x 7/16-20 M 37
8. Clean threads of plug using cure primer.
9. Apply pipe sealant to threads of plug. Install and
E--Snubber (Needle) Valve
F--Air Pressure Regulator
REMOVE AND INSTALL TRACK ADJUSTER
CYLINDER AND RECOIL SPRING
1. Remove track chain and front idler. (See procedures in
Continued on next page