4. Position JDG478 Driver (A) so that hole in the cross
plate goes over threaded stud of pilot. Install washer
and nut on stud.
5. Tighten nut to draw JDG478 Driver in until crossbar
bottoms on JDG477 (58) Pilot. When the tool bottoms,
seal and wear ring assembly (B) will be correctly
6. Remove JDG476 (85) Tool Set from engine.
Crankshaft Rear Oil Seal/Wear Sleeve Installed
INSPECT VIBRATION DAMPER
IMPORTANT: The damper assembly is not repairable
and should be replaced every 5 years or
4500 hours, whichever occurs first.
Also, replace damper whenever
crankshaft is replaced or major engine
overhaul is performed. Dual dampers
should always be replaced as a
Do not immerse the vibration damper or
the damper pulley in cleaning solvent.
Doing so may damage the rubber
portions of this assembly.
Never apply thrust on outer ring of
damper. Damper is sensitive to impact
damage, such as being dropped or
struck with a hammer.
1. Relieve tension or remove V-belts (shown removed).
2. Grasp vibration damper with both hands and attempt to
turn it in both directions. If rotation is felt, damper is
defective and should be replaced.
Continued on next page