REMOVE TIMING GEAR COVER--ENGINE
1. Remove engine oil pan. Remove engine oil pump
assembly if crankshaft is to be removed.
2. Disconnect engine speed sensor connector (shown
disconnected) from sensor (C).
3. Remove injection pump drive gear cover (B).
4. Disconnect water piping and remove water pump cover
(A) with water bypass tube. Remove and discard
5. Remove remaining cap screws and remove timing gear
cover with water pump. Remove and discard gasket.
Removing Timing Gear Cover
6. Remove front oil seal from timing gear cover and
7. Remove front wear sleeve from crankshaft flange and