INSTALL SAE 1 AND SAE 2 FLYWHEEL
CAUTION: Flywheel housing is heavy. Plan a
handling procedure to avoid personal injuries.
On SAE 3 cast-iron flywheel housings, the housing MUST
be installed BEFORE installing flywheel.
1. Scrape off all old gasket material. Install a new gasket
without sealant between block and flywheel housing.
2. Install flywheel housing on cylinder block.
NOTE: ALWAYS use new cap screws when installing
3. Dip threads of cap screw in engine oil before installing.
Install and tighten cap screws to 407 Nm (300 lb-ft).
COMPLETE FINAL ASSEMBLY
1. Install oil pump assembly and oil pan (Group 20). Fill
engine with clean engine oil.
2. Fill cooling system with proper coolant after engine
installation and perform engine break-in. (See
PERFORM ENGINE BREAK-IN at end of Group 05.)