REMOVE AND INSTALL PILOT PUMP
CAUTION: The hydraulic oil tank is pressurized.
High pressure release of oil from pressurized
system can cause serious burns or penetrating
injury. Release pressure from tank by loosening
vent plug. It is not necessary to remove vent
1. Loosen vent plug (A) to release air pressure in
hydraulic oil tank.
2. Remove drain plug (H) to drain splitter drive.
Approximate oil capacity is 1.0 L (1.3 qt).
3. Pull a vacuum in hydraulic oil tank using a vacuum
pump or drain hydraulic oil tank. Approximate oil
capacity is 159 L (42 gal).
4. Disconnect lines (B--D and I).
5. Remove cap screws (G) and pilot pump (J).
6. Replace parts as necessary. (See Disassemble and
Assemble Pilot Pump in this group.)
7. Apply plastic gasket to mounting surface for pilot
8. Install pilot pump (J). Tighten cap screw.
Pump-to-Splitter Drive Cap Screw--Specification
Torque ............................................................................. 49 Nm (36 lb-ft)
B--Rear Pump Regulator Port E Line
9. Connect lines (B--D and I).
C--Pilot Pressure Regulating Valve
D--Front Pump Regulator Port E Line
10. Fill splitter drive with oil through filler pipe so oil level
is approximately halfway between "H" (level) mark
G--Cap Screw, Washer and Lock Washer (4 used)
and end of dipstick. (See Diesel Engine and Pump
I--Hydraulic Oil Tank Line